Thursday, September 18, 2014

Give More 24! And Other Happenings

Over the next 24 hours, you can do something awesome! From 7am on September 18th through 7am September 19th (Pacific time), you can help support Autism Empowerment by taking part in Give More 24, an online donation challenge organized by the Community Foundation for Southwest Washington. It's easy - just go to this link to make a donation. Yes, I know, you want to keep reading my blog, but I'll wait right here, I promise....
You're back! On behalf of Autism Empowerment, I thank you very much for your support.

So, what else has been going on? Oh yeah? Cool! As for me, I've been pretty busy on the band front. Second Player Score now has CDs, a stocked locker full of merchandise - t-shirts, stickers, buttons, picks, you name it - an official website, a YouTube channel, as well as airplay on a bunch of different online radio stations and podcasts. We've also booked our CD release party for November 1st at The Sandy Hut in Portland, with special guests Shot of Mercury, Stab In The Dark, and Kings & Vagabonds. Here's the album cover, designed by my son (he is awesome with the Adobe Illustrator and whatnot):
Any of you know which late '80s/early '90s video game inspired this? Hint: it spawned a popular "Engrish" Internet meme....

As for book-related happenings, I couldn't believe it myself, but it's almost time once again for the Portland Fall Home & Garden Show, featuring your friendly neighborhood NIWA authors. The show will take place from October 2-5 at the Expo Center, and I plan on being there Thursday evening, Friday evening, and Saturday morning. So mark your calendars!

And finally, in video game news, the verdict on Earthbound is in: it's really cool. I am so glad I discovered it.
It's fun, challenging, and quirky, and although other RPGs like The Last Story and Xenoblade still rank higher on my list of favorites, this one is right up there. Check it out if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment