Thursday, February 19, 2015

I'm Excited About Book Two. Let's Party

So, I've read the draft of Book Two several more times now, making some minor edits along the way. And what do you know, I still love it. Every time I finish it, I feel a strong sense of "Yeahhh. Now that's the stuff."
It's in the hands of my beta readers now, and after they're done, I'll make some more tweaks based on their feedback, and then I'll send it off to my editor. In the meantime, I've also been working on a mock-up for the front cover, as well the back cover copy. It's looking like I'll be able to launch this thing into the world by the fall of this year, if not sooner.*

What's it going to be called, you ask? Well, if you recall, I announced the title a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away - or, more specifically, on March 9, 2013 in this guest blog I wrote for Autism Empowerment. I see that the link is down right now, so here's an excerpt:

"I'm currently hard at work on the second book in the series, which will be titled Mystery of the Moonfire. For those of you who are familiar with the first book, in this next installment Joel and Felicity return to Spectraland to help Fireflower find the source of a strange force that is nullifying the Wavemakers' ability to control the Aura. Or, at least, that's what I think they're doing."

As it turns out, that's sort of what they're doing, as well as a lot more. But regardless, the title is still the same. It actually changed once during the re-writing process, but in the end, it came back to that, which is what I think it should have been all along.

Anyway, when it does come out, there will definitely be a proper launch party (or two, or three - I like parties) that you will all be invited to, so be sure to keep watching this blog for updates and announcements. In the meantime, though, I'm so jazzed that I'd like to do a kind of "First-Draft-Finished Party," which I've decided will take place at the Portland Spring Home & Garden Show this coming weekend, starting TONIGHT (hey, Thursday is close enough to the weekend).

So, here's the deal. I'll be at the show tonight (at the booth for the awesome Northwest Independent Writers Association in the back corner of Hall D) from 6-8pm, tomorrow night from 6-8pm, and Saturday morning from 10am-12pm. Come on down, bring your copy of Book One for me to autograph (if you don't have one - gasp - you can buy one at the show for just ten bucks), and, if you're one of the first five people to tell me "I can't wait for Mystery of the Moonfire!" I will give you a secret code that you can redeem for a FREE COPY of the audiobook version of Book One, narrated by the great Jonathan Murphy! Then afterwards, hang out, meet and talk to some other very cool local authors, and we'll all have a rockin' good time. You know you want to. See you there!

* But...probably in the fall. I'm a perfectionist

No comments:

Post a Comment