Thursday, July 30, 2015

Blog Birthday

Today, this blog turns three years old. Can you believe it? Happy birthday, blog!
This blog's very first post, on July 30, 2012, was titled "Discovering Bands." Appropriately, the same friend who turned me on to In This Moment and B'z back in those days recently introduced me to a relatively recent Japanese phenomenon that I talked about a couple of weeks ago - "kawaii metal," or cute-metal.

My absolute favorite artist to emerge out of this movement so far has been an act called Fruitpochette. They're not really a band - they basically consist of two anime-worthy girl singers, a bunch of virtuoso studio musicians, and some incredibly talented outside songwriters - but the music they produce has really melted my face. So much so, that I've spent seventy bucks buying their seven-song EP and debut full-length album.
Seriously, I've been listening to that EP three times a day, or more. Like a friend once told me, "you don't care about a lot of stuff, but the stuff you do care about, you care about a lot." Indeed.

Anyhoo, this blog's birthday isn't the only reason to celebrate - I also finished the revisions for Book Two! After one more read-through, I'll be turning in the draft to my editor in a few days. Really excited. With any luck, this thing just might see the light of day before the end of the year. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment