Thursday, December 8, 2016

Status Report!

It's been ten weeks since the last set of status updates, so you've all probably been wondering what's been going on, right? Of course you have! Well, wait no longer...
Book Update: I finished 10,000 words (approximately 40 pages) of Book Four's first draft when I received the Book Three line edit back from my editor, so now I've switched out my writing hat (which I imagine looks sort of like a fedora) for my incorporating-the-edits hat (a Doctor Who-type fez). The cover art process is also underway, so right now we're still on track for the planned launch date of March or April 2017. And as I promised in this post, there will be a big announcement to come.

Also, this coming Saturday I will put on my reading/signing/selling hat (a beanie) for the third annual Holiday Litera-Cheer event at Another Read Through Bookstore in Portland from 1:30-3pm.

Band Update: I'm a big believer in second chances, so if you missed the first CD release party in Vancouver, you can still join us at the Ash Street Saloon in Portland tonight!* Festivities start at 8pm and we will again be playing every song off our second album, Nobody's Hero, in order from beginning to end. Also on the bill are the ever-rockin' Cellar Door and the always fun Kings & Vagabonds.

The writing process for Album Three is well underway. We have ten songs that are basically done music-wise; now I just need to hunker down and crank out some lyrics. It's looking like this record will also be a quasi-concept album (like Nobody's Hero), and this time it'll focus on a female protagonist named Gloria whose prequel story was told back on our first album, Fortress Storm Attack. More on that later.

Video Game Update: While we all anxiously await Breath of the Wild, I've been passing the time with the virtual console versions of Spirit Tracks and (at my daughter's request) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team. Spirit Tracks is fun and challenging - because it's a Zelda game, duh - but I have to admit that the dungeon I'm on now (Tower of Spirits, Part 6) is so long and difficult that even with a walkthrough, it was starting to feel like work. So I switched over to Blue Rescue Team, which is light and fluffy but gets a bit repetitive after a while. Been eyeing up Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE and wondering if I should plunk down the sixty bucks...

TV Update: Speaking of light and fluffy, I've been pretty good at keeping up with Supergirl, which moved to The CW for its second season. I also started Attack on Titan, which is definitely not light and fluffy (nor young-kid-friendly) by any means. Can't wait for the Doctor Who Christmas special and season two of The Magicians starting next month.

So there you go, Captain. And Mr. Sulu was just kidding about the entire ship being underwater, I promise.

* If Snowmaggedon 2016 doesn't happen, that is

No comments:

Post a Comment