Thursday, January 26, 2017

Stuff I've Been Up To

In the past, I've called this kind of post a Status Update, Things That Are Happening, or, I dunno, maybe I've even used this "Stuff I've Been Up To" title before (ed: you haven't). If you can come up with a better title, please, let me know. Anyway!
This is a little bit of what I've been up to
Book Update:
In case you missed it, a pretty big change in the book series has taken place. But besides that, other cool stuff is happening as well. Book, um, I mean, Volume Three is done, at least as far as the interior is concerned, and now we're all just anxiously awaiting the awesome cover art that is in process for not only this Volume, but also Volumes One and Two.

On top of that, I've been making pretty decent progress on the first draft of Volume Four. As of today, I'm up to 15,000 words, which equates to roughly 60 pages. I've been having just as much fun writing it as I did with Volume Three, which is a great sign for things to come.

And, as promised in the "Big Announcement" post, there is another exciting development that I will discuss in detail soon. For now, suffice it to say that Mr. Joel Suzuki will be heading up a virtual community whose goal it will be to change the world for the better, and all of you will have a chance to be a part of that. Can't wait.

Band Update:
While Nobody's Hero is out there making waves, we have already moved on to album number three, which, as I may have mentioned before, will also be a quasi-concept album. Tentatively titled Glorified, it tells the story of a woman who, bred to be a soldier, ends up fleeing her oppressive hometown and reluctantly helping people as she traverses a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It's kind of like Mad Max crossed with Doctor Who crossed with Rey from The Force Awakens. The music for all twelve songs has been completed, and now we're in the middle of writing lyrics (eight songs are pretty much done). This album will be a little different from its predecessors in that this time, everything - lyrics included - will be a complete collaboration. All three band members have made significant contributions to every aspect of it, and I feel that it's all the more stronger as a result.

TV Update:
Supergirl is back, Star Wars Rebels is heating up, and the Magicians season 2 premiere was last night (spoiler: it was awesome). Also, I discovered that I will finally have to cave in and get Netflix because season 2 of Miraculous Ladybug will only be found there.

Video Game Update:
So, yeah, I plunked down the sixty bucks for Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE, and...wow. I have not been disappointed. I'm not sure if my daughter likes this game all that much, but I've really been enjoying it. I love how some of the characters' strongest attacks are based on songs, and the storyline is fun and engaging enough to hold my attention. I wouldn't quite put it in my top five (which is still, to this day, (1) The Last Story, (2) Okami, (3) All iterations of Zelda, (4) Both Xenoblades, and (5) Super Paper Mario), but it's pretty close. I need to finish it up soon, because Breath of the Wild is finally coming out on March 3rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment